The section Privacy for SWISS PASTRY SHOP explains our policies with respect to the information we collect and manage when you visit swisspastryshop.com and other websites listed (collectively referred to as the “Site”).
This policy will explain areas of this Site that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and Bahamas Data Protection (Privacy of Personal Information) Act, 2003 (DPA), are adhered to.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. This Site is not intended for children under the age of 16 (who reside in The Bahamas, EU, or Switzerland) and children under the age of 13 (who reside in the United States).
How we Collect your Details
We may collect contact information when you give your consent by filling any of the forms on our Site which include a Contact form, User Registration, User Address Form, Login Form, Newsletter.
Information We May Collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Data submitted by you, such as your e-mail address, name, and telephone number. We may combine this information with publicly available information.
- Data submitted by you through a job application form.
- Data submitted by you through a survey.
- IP address
- Certain types of demographic information.
- Web page analytics and usage information, such as web page activity, links clicked, and videos watched.
- Geolocation data.
- Some of this information, including the IP address, is stored in our log files along with the date and time.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfill your requests.
- To communicate with you about the information you requested.
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our services;
- Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, except for where we have legitimate interests in doing so, we may use your details to send you information related to our services/products/newsletter through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named above.
Security and Retention of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. For this purpose, we will not hold your personal data for any longer than is reasonable. Further, we have taken reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage and destruction. Nevertheless, any personal data submitted by you is at your own risk.
When you submit information through a form on the Site, we encrypt the transmission of that information. However, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site, we do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit.
We will not transfer your personal details to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing without your permission. We use certain third-party service providers who may have access to your personal data so that they can provide services to us. When this occurs, we have a data protection compliant contract in place with these third parties.
Measuring Site Usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this Site. We do this to help make sure the Site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the Site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the Site
- Your behaviour on the Site
- We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
We may use tracking pixels and other technologies to track when emails have been opened and which links in an email have been clicked. This helps us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and provide you with more targeted information.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this Site are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, users are advised to verify their authenticity using third-party antivirus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third-party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third-party antivirus software or similar applications.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Social Media Usage
While we may have official profiles on social media platforms, users are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our Site features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the relevant resources.
How to Opt-Out from Emails
If you do not want to receive emails from us, you can any time by sending an email to or by click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Right to Request Information
You may request, and we will provide you with, information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may request access to, or correction or deletion of your personal information, by contacting us at . We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
How to Contact Us